7 years after the start of development (the «Payback Period»), a person receiving non-profit relief must notify the collection authority if a disqualifying event occurs. This must be done within 14 days of the disqualifying event. If this is not done, an additional 20% of the amount of tax payable or £2,500, whichever is lower, may be charged. For more information about audits, see the «Draft Billing Plan» section. A party may appeal the granting of a tax exemption for a residential extension under Rule 116A, but only on the ground that the recycling authority has wrongly determined that the extension does not fall completely into the cavity of the principal residence. These complaints are submitted to the Evaluation Office Agency (more information on complaints). There is no right of appeal with respect to residential extensions. If your development includes social housing, you can apply for relief using the Application Exemption or Relief Form. As soon as the request for recourse has been accepted, a new liability notice will be issued. This approach will change from 1 January 2021. Users are advised to check the GOV.UK website for up-to-date information.

The only exception is if the applicant for the exemption does not meet the verification requirements at closure. In such cases, the collection agency must give the applicant at least 28 days to provide the required form and evidence before taking any further action. The relief for social housing is calculated in accordance with paragraph 6 of Annex 1 (inserted by the 2019 Regulations). The index number referred to in paragraph 3 of the 6th subparagraph of the Annex is the all-in-one national price index published by the Building Cost Information Service of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in relation to a calendar year prior to 2020 and the RICS CIL index in relation to calendar year 2020 and any subsequent calendar year. The number for a given calendar year is the number on November 1 of the previous year. In the event that the index is no longer published, the retail price index should be used instead. This form should be used by parties wishing to assume responsibility for the fee prior to the commencement of a particular development. This is only a summary of the requirements for the provision of a block exemption of general economic interest.

For more information, see GOV.UK. Information on the infrastructure needs of the charging zone should be drawn from the infrastructure assessment carried out during the preparation of the relevant plan (the local plan and the London-to-London plan) and their CIL charging plans. Indeed, the plan defines the scope and type of infrastructure needed to meet the local development and growth needs of the region (see paragraph 34 of the National Planning Framework). This form must be used by people as part of the exemption of the self-built apartment after the completion of the development. The form and supporting documents requested in the form must be sent to the collection authority within 6 months of the completion of the self-built dwelling in order to maintain the exemption. The auditor may assess whether an assessment prepared prior to the publication of the Viability Guide generally complies with these guidelines by applying reasonable discretion so as not to unnecessarily delay audits. As basic evidence, the competent authority should also provide information on the amount of funds raised in recent years under section 106 agreements. This should include information on the extent to which their affordable housing and other goals have been met. Your municipality can inform you if it has introduced the tax. Each authority that collects the levy is required to publish a fee schedule on its website. You can find your local authority by entering your postal code on the «Find your local council» website. Local authorities may also provide this information in the authorities` monitoring reports, but the authority`s monitoring report does not replace the infrastructure funding declaration.

This form should be used by persons who wish to inform a paying authority of their intention to start working on a taxable development (see Rule 67 for more details). If your development is a self-built apartment, you can apply for an exemption using the self-build exemption form: Part 1. Self-built apartments are apartments built (or commissioned) by the person who will occupy the apartment as a single or main residence. Once the exemption request is accepted, a new liability notice will be issued. In areas where CIL operates, the fee may be levied on a development that creates new or additional interior space if the gross interior area of the new building is 100 square metres or more (the Loading Plans and Rates section explains how this is calculated). This limit does not apply to new homes or apartments, and a fee may be charged for a detached house or apartment of any size. However, exclusions, exemptions and exemptions from the levy may be possible (see «What forms of relief and exemption from the Community infrastructure levy?»). If your development is self-built apartments (see above), you must also complete the self-build exemption application form: Part 2 within 6 months of the development ending.

This form must be accompanied by the following documents: If a paid development is located in whole or in part in the area of a parish council, but there is no neighbourhood development plan or neighbourhood development mandate, up to 15% of the corresponding revenues, limited according to the formula of Rule 59A (as amended by the 2019 Ordinance), must be handed over to the parish councils where the development took place. Areas could use part of the neighborhood pot to develop a neighborhood plan in which they would support development by meeting the development requirements of the region. As with the de minimis block exemption, collecting authorities should keep an accurate record of all exemptions granted under a general economic interest block exemption – in practice, all exemptions from the tax for social housing. These records are kept for 10 years after payment of the exemption. The United Kingdom Government is required to report every 3 years on the sources and quantities of aid paid under a general economic interest block exemption. Fee and collection authorities must ensure that this information is readily available in the short term. In all cases, it is a criminal offence for a person to provide false or misleading information «knowingly or recklessly» to a paying or collecting authority in response to a request under the Tax Regulations (in accordance with Regulation 110 as amended by the Regulations, 2011). An applicant who wishes to apply for social housing relief must use Form 10: Application for Social and Non-Profit Housing Assistance. To be entitled to a remedy, the applicant must own a material interest in the land in question (as defined in Rule 4(2)) and must have assumed responsibility for the payment of the levy on the taxable development.